St. Joseph’s is a busy parish Church in Highgate, North London and was established in 1858.
The Church is a harmonious blending of the Romanesque and Byzantine styles, and was designed by the architect Albert Vicars of Somerset Chambers, 151 Strand.
It is a listed building, described by English Heritage as outstanding and is 146 feet long and more than 55 feet wide.
We were asked by our client to complete decorations to the nave, north and south aisles within St Joseph’s Church and the works generally consisted of preparation works and painting to previously painted substrates within said areas.
The church was fully operational throughout the duration of this project so special considerations were put into place to make sure disruption was kept to a minimal.
Zinsser branded water and oil based paints were used and applied to suitably prepared surfaces using traditional brush and roller methods in accordance with the specification.
Large mobile scaffold towers, stepladders and hop-ups were required.
“We in St. Joseph’s, Highgate, are very pleased with all aspects of the work recently carried out by McLoughlin Decorating in our Church. The quality of the work was to a very high standard. The intrusion on the normal activities in the church was kept to the barest possible minimum. Any queries arising during the course of the work were handled in a most courteous and helpful manner. Those doing the work in the church always did so in a manner respectful to the environment in which they were working. The work was completed on time and within budget. In short, it was an inspired choice of painting contractor, and we would have no hesitation in offering McLoughlin Decorating any similar contracts that may arise in the future”. Father Pat Fitzgerald